I adapted this recipe and made some amendments of my own, such as the meringue finish and the use of digestive biscuits instead. Sadly, I burnt the meringue by accident but this is the first time I am doing a meringue so do forgive me!
Enjoy the pictures and baking!
Ingredients You Will Need :
for the filling:
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the topping:
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 TBSP cornstarch mixed with 2 TBSP water
for the meringue:
2 egg whites
40g caster sugar
Steps You Should Take :
1.Preheat Oven to 325
2. Stir crust ingredients together
3. Press into 9″ Pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes
4. Beat cream cheese and sugar together in another bowl until smooth
5. Add lemon, vanilla and eggs, beat until combined thorough
6. Pour into baked crust and bake for 25 minutes
7. Combine blueberries, water and sugar in saucepan
8. Boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, sitrring halfway through.
9. Add cornstarch/water mixture, turn up the heat till mixture boils again (1 min) and stir
10. Remove from heat and cool
11. Spoon blueberries over cooled cheesecake filling
12. Chill for 1 hour.
13. Beat egg white with caster sugar in glass bowl till soft peaks (5g of sugar should be poured in each time)
14. Spread over pie using piping bag.
15. Place in oven over 220C for 1 minute and leave it in there for 5 minutes.
15. Chill and serve